Point of care cardio-renal biomarkers have changed my practice: A debate
- Location: 400 Hall
- Chairperson: Claudio Ronco (Vicenza, Italy)
- Time: March 20, 2013 at 12:30
- FOR: Current clinical practice of cardio-renal biomarkers in the ED
- Salvatore Di Somma (Rome, Italy)
- FOR: The advantages of implementing routine clinical use of biomarkers in the setting of the critically ill.
- Michael Haase (Magdeburg, Germany)
- AGAINST: Limited by the lack of interventional studies and many confounding factors in the ICU, this may mask interpretation of biomarkers and their value.
- Marlies Ostermann (London, UK)
- AGAINST: We do not have all the answers today in prescribing RRT according to biomarker value.
- Patrick Honore (Brussels, Belgium
About AlereAlere is a global leader in point of care rapid diagnostic testing which enables both patients and physicians to have immediate results improving the monitoring and more effective management of a range of medical conditions. Alere specializes in diagnostics for cardiology, women’s health, infectious diseases, oncology and drugs of abuse as well as technology to enhance communication between patients and healthcare providers with sophisticated connectivity. Alere: Smart Connected Empowering.
To find out more please visit Alere at ISICEM 2013, stand nr. 2.05 - 2.06 or visit: www.alere.com