The Xenios MultiSupport GROUND (MSG) is a system consisting of different components, designed to enable inner- and inter-hospital transport of severely ill patients undergoing life-saving extracorporeal heart and lung support. As a whole, the Xenios MultiSupport GROUND (MSG) system offers:
Setup for ground based transport
- Fixation in any intensive care transport vehicle with ground airline rails
- Holder system adds only 21 cm to the stretcher width
- Fixation to standard rails of a stretcher or Xenios trolley N
- Battery packs included in the MSG Backup Module offer an additional operating time of up to 420 min
- MSG Battery Charger allows backup system to be fully charged for on-call transport
- Possibility of connection to the on-board mains of an intensive care transport vehicle
MSG Backup Module
- Offering space for battery-driven backup pump drive in mobile case1
- Fixation option of included battery pack by soft case with an adhesive belt to e.g. a stretcher IV pole
- One rain/dust cover for console
- Power cable for connection to on-board mains
Patient kit compatibility
- Regarding inter-hospital patient transport, MultiSupport GROUND is intended for use only in conjunction with Novalung kits
1 A pump drive is not included in the MSG scope of supply. Please use backup pump drive of console.
For your information: Not all products are cleared or available for sale in all countries. For further information on country-specific regulations, please contact your local Xenios AG representative.
Also, this information is not intended for an audience within the USA. If your are from the USA, please visit the corresponding Fresenius Medical Care website here.
The MSG consists of only four essential components that accommodate the console2, patient kit, sensor box and DP3 pump.
Only a few parts enable transport
MSG Holder – keeps the patient kit, pump drive and sensor box during transport. The MSG Holder is equipped with the MSG Pin 70003 ex works.
MSG Crossbar – attachment of the console to the stretcher for transport between ICU and ambulance vehicle.
MSG Base Plate – fixation of console onto airline rails in the intensive care transport vehicle.
MSG Backup Module – provides space for a pump drive1 and battery packs in case of a challenge during therapy. Furthermore, it contains other components like a rain/dust cover that maybe relevant for transport.
2 Only valid for consoles with serial number starting from (38350043): XEN0389; deltastream MDC console (MEMDC0021): MDC0366 and upwards. Installed base console (Linux-based) with SN < as above require installation of specific MSG upgrade kit by certified engineer. Please ask your sales representative for a quotation.
3 Please be aware that pin and iLA bracket of compact holder do not fit to the MSG Holder.
More products from this supplier